Welcome to the #1 Honda Civic Forum and Honda Civic community dedicated to Honda Civic owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Honda Civic Forum today!

2.0 liter 6 spd vs 1.5 liter turbo motor

City
BRISTOL
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Nissan 350z, 2000 Silverado
Hi all,
New to the forum, hopefully not for long.
I don't own a Civic yet, BUT it is def in my future.
The question I am having is about the engines.
I really was trying to avoid the 1.5-liter turbo and stick with a 2.0 liter non turbo model because I know these tend to last a long time.
Whichever way I go it will be the 6 spd manual.
The turbo models tend to show their age after 100k, and I keep my cars a lot longer than that.

My mechanic said if I am worried about longevity just stick with the 2.0, but I think after a few years it might feel under powered.
Do people get 250k to 500k out of Honda turbo motors?

I am not in the habit of beating on my cars.
I have a 07 Nissan 350z I drive a lot, super fun car, but we never beat on it, I've never dumped the clutch in it even.
I drive rather conservative most of the time, but I do appreciate the torque and HP.

I'm tempted to get the sport touring for improved interior options, but I wanted to hear from others about whether the turbo motor will last if taken care of properly as long as the 2.0 liter non turbo motor.
I know the SI has the more powerful motor unless you go type R, and I can't afford a 2023 type R, and I really want a hatch, the sedan doesn't do it for me despite the better performance of the SI.

So, for me, it's either a loaded touring model with the turbo or, the sport model, I just feel like if I am going to spend the money, I want the extra options like the nicer power seats, and some of those options you can't get on the sport.
I really wish we had the option of any of these motors in any of the trims, so we could order the SI motor for the sport and visa versa.
Thanks for any information, I do appreciate it.
Lump